About Zhongshan Hospital Affiliated to Xiamen University
Zhongshan Hospital is the main Affiliated Hospital of Xiamen University. It is located near to the Siming campus. It is a large and general third-grade, class-A Hospital.
Zhongshan Hospital is built on an area of approximately 14 acres. The construction area is about 171,000 sq meters.
This Hospital has:
- 2500 beds,
- 2.42 million outpatients and emergency visits (data 2016), and
- Nearly 63,000 inpatients.
- In total, 2900 faculty members and staff are employed.
The Hospital also has:
- 38 clinical departments,
- Ten medical technique departments,
- Two branches and
- Five community health service centers.
The Hospital owns:
- Department of Gastroenterology
- Department of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery
- Municipal Leading Departments
- Department of Gastroenterology,
- Department of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery,
- Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery,
- Department of Joint Surgery
- Department of Neurology,
- Department of Hematology,
- Department of Endocrinology,
- Department of Joint Surgery,
- Department of Ultrasound,
- Department of Thoracic Surgery,
- Department of Geriatric Rehabilitation,
- Department of Pathology,
- Department of Dermatology,
- Department of Diagnosis and Treatment for Noninfectious Respiratory Diseases,
- Department of Emergency Medicine,
- Prostate Diseases,
- Obstetric Critical Care,
- Department of Diabetic Nephropathy.
Besides, the Hospital has:
- The Clinical Examination Center of Xiamen,
- Xiamen Diagnosis and Treatment Center for Digestive Diseases, Digestive Diseases Institution of Xiamen University,
- Gastrointestinal Oncology Institution,
- Xiamen Rehabilitation Research Institute of Aging Disease,
- Institute for Microbial Ecology,
- Institute for Infectious Diseases,
- Institute for Medical Imaging,
- Fujian Key Laboratory for Chronic Liver Disease and Liver Cancer, Xiamen Translational Medical Key Laboratory of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Tumor,
- Xiamen Clinical Key Laboratory,
- Xiamen Key Laboratory for Intestines and Stomach Tumor,
- Xiamen Key Laboratory for Clinical Translational Medicine of nuclear medical molecular imaging,
- the Key Technology Platform of Xiamen for Molecular Diagnosis and Targeted Therapy of Cancer,
- Gastroscopy Training Bases of Chinese Medical Association,
- Fujian Training Bases of Medical Ultrasound,
- National Demonstration Bases for Health Management.