In Nanjing, the summers are hot, oppressive, wet, and mostly cloudy. The winters are very cold and partly cloudy. The temperature varies from -1°C in winter to 32°C in summer. It is rarely below -6°C or above 36°C.
Nanjing Medical University has 2 campuses, located in Nanjing city in east China.
This University is under the direct control of the Jiangsu Provincial Government.
Founded in 1934 as Jiangsu Provincial College of Health Policy and Management.
Nanjing Medical University is among the top 10 universities in China.
Advanced Labs in NMU
NMU now has one state-level key laboratory, four ministry-level key laboratories, and thirteen provincial-level vital laboratories.
International Medical Students
At present more than 600 medical students are studying MBBS in English here. International students are from 25 countries: India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka. South Korea, Vietnam, Bahrain, Sudan, Thailand, Indonesia. Nigeria, Kenya, and many other countries of Africa and Asia
Nanjing Medical University Campus
Nanjing Medical University has two campuses: Wutai or Main Campus, Jiangning or University City Campus, Students from 1st year to 3rd year will stay in Jiangning campus. 4th, 5th & 6th year students will stay near Wutai campus. Wutai campus has no hostel facility. 6th year is Internship and it is compulsory in Nanjing Medical University.
Hostel for International Students
On-Campus Hostel in Jiangning. Nanjing Medical University Jiangning campus has 1-star hotel type hostel rooms. Mostly are 2-sharing, but few single rooms also available. All the rooms have air-conditioner, color TV, and internet access. Students will pay for electricity, water, and the internet as per usage.
Off-Campus Accommodation in Wutai. Clinical classes of NMU are done in Wutai campus. Wutai is 62 km away from Jiangning. There is no hostel in Wutai. So NMU allows international students to stay in apartments off-campus as per their own choice.
Scholarships in Nanjing Medical University.
Nanjing Medical University has two different scholarship schemes. Nanjing Government Scholarship. Jiangsu Jasmine Scholarship. Scholarship amount varies from 3000 to 18500 ¥. All Omkar Medicom students will get Scholarship in Nanjing Medical University.
Faculty of NMU
At present, the university has more than 4000 employees. This includes: 825 skilled teaching staff, 188 professors, 252 associate professors, 422 doctoral supervisors and 1746 master tutors.
NMU has 24 affiliated hospitals
NMU has 24 affiliated hospitals. It has more than 50 teaching hospitals. All these are in Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Shandong Provinces. Some of these hospitals are given below.
01. The First Affiliated Hospital.
02. The Affiliated Stomatological Hospital.
03. The Affiliated Friendship Plastic Surgery Hospital.
04. Affiliated Nanjing Maternity and Child Health Care.
05. The Affiliated Cancer Hospital.
06. The Affiliated Brain Hospital.
07. The Affiliated Wuxi People's Hospital.
08. The Affiliated Suzhou Municipal Hospital.
09. The Affiliated Shengze Hospital.
10. The Affiliated Changzhou NO.2 People's Hospital.
11. The Affiliated Hangzhou People's Hospital.
12. The Affiliated Wuxi Maternity and Child Health Care.
13. The Affiliated Jiangning Hospital.
14. The Affiliated Huaian No.1 People's Hospital.
15. Affiliated Qingdao Municipal Hospital.
16. The Affiliated Nanjing Drum Tower Hospital.
17. The Affiliated Eye Hospital.
18. The Affiliated BenQ Hospital.
NMU Subject Discipline:
NMU has seven first-level discipline doctoral programs.
It has eleven first-level discipline master’s programs.
Six postdoctoral research stations.
Basic medicine, PH and Preventive medicine, Clinical medicine, and Dental medicine are Strong Disciplines.
Clinical medicine, Pharmacology and Toxicology rank globally in the top one percent.